Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Faux Patina Background Technique


This is one of my favorite background techniques that I learned from participating in the challenges on Splitcoast Stampers. It is called Faux Patina. Here is the link to a detailed tutorial on Splitcoast: Faux Patina. I am a big fan of texture and distressing. Plus it is just so much fun to get into the altering of paper, making it what you want it to be. 

I haven't posted in a while because life has been crazy. My grandmother that lived with me past away on September 11, 2011 at the age of 94. She suffered from Alzheimer's, and I can't even begin to describe how difficult it was watching her slip away over the last 8 years. She was an amazing person, and I can only hope to be half the lady she was. She had a wonderful sense of humor that lasted up until the day she left this earth, and could laugh at herself. That was one of the many lessons I learned from her. Take yourself lightly, and have a sense of humor about yourself and life. Her laugh was contagious, and she had a smile for everyone. She love to paint with oils, and I have many of her works of art adorning my walls. I will have to take a picture of one and post it... adding that to my to-do list! Well, I love you Gram, and miss you so very much. You will always be in my heart, and your memory lives on through my family who adored you.

No comments:

Post a Comment