Sunday, June 17, 2012

Easy Easter Bags


I volunteer my time making cards at the center my grandmother attended, Daybreak West. The center provides activities for people suffering from memory loss and respite for their caregivers. Daybreak became an integral part of our lives and part of our family during the last 8 years that my gram was with us.

Here is a bag I came up with to make with the participants for Easter. I have to keep the projects simple, because the they are child-like in ability and attention span. The stamping wheels are great for them. I have them run it over the ink pad and then over the bag to create a fun patterned backdrop.To create the mulit-colored panel, simply sponge random colored ink onto white card-stock panel. They really enjoy this! Getting inky fingers is the fun part =D

After we created the bag, we filled it with Easter grass and goodies.

When I work with Daybreak (and anyone for that matter), I emphasize that your art is your own and does not have to duplicate mine. I encourage them to be creative and express themselves by doing their own thing when the spirit strikes them. One of my favorite things about art is that it is an expression of self, and there is no "that's wrong!" in art.
Thank you for stopping by and happy stamping!
Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment