Saturday, June 23, 2012

Brilliance Ink to Enhance Dry Embossing





















































I love creating texture in my work, and embossing is an easy way to achieve it. With just a simple piece of card-stock, ink, and the Cuttlebug or Sizzix, one can create a unique background paper that is perfectly suited to the card design at hand (or scrapbook page for that matter).

I find that Brilliance Ink is a great tool for this purpose. It goes on smoothly and really pops with color. Plus it is archival, which is important if you are creating scrapbooks or items that require color longevity.

To create the background image on this card, run the card-stock and embossing folder of your choice through your embossing machine. Swipe Brilliance ink directly from the pad onto the surface of the design. I went back and added swipes to the flat areas as well to create a little more interest to the paper and give it a worn look.

For the sentiment. I simply swiped Brilliance ink directly over the card-stock, then stamped my image. I tore the sides and adhered to black card-stock. Very simple :)

Supplies used:
  • Stamp from Close to my Heart (My One & Only)
  • Brilliance Ink in Platinum Planet
  • Card-stock & Ribbon from Stampin' Up!
Thanks for stopping by and have a creative weekend!
Lisa :)

2 comments:

  1. beautiful text and card lisa.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this background you've created!! Mine never look this good!! I'll have to give the Brilliance ink a try! This is a gorgeous card!!

    :-) shelia

    ReplyDelete